Thursday, December 3, 2009

30 Weeks to Go

Today, I am 10 weeks along. It's amazing how much the baby has grown! The baby is barely the size of a kumquat and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. The baby is finished with the most critical portion of her development. This is also the beginning of the so-called fetal period, which is when the tissues and organs in her body rapidly grow and mature.

She's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Many of her vital organs, such as her kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) are in place and starting to function, yet they will still continue to develop throughout my pregnancy.

If we could see inside my belly, we couls see things like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

My baby's limbs can bend now. Her hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over her heart, and her feet may be long enough to meet in front of her body. The outline of her spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from her spinal cord. Our baby's forehead temporarily bulges with her developing brain and sits very high on her head, which measures half the length of her body. From crown to rump, she's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, our baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.

At my last appointment, they asked if I had felt any movement, and I hadn't. However, I felt like I really could about a week ago. I'm not sure if I am imagining it or not, though. I know I didn't feel Chloe that early on.

My morning sickness is pretty much gone as long as I eat right away in the morning, as well as the rest of the day. If I don't eat, I'm sick. Also, I am really careful about brushing my tongue when I brush my teeth. I haven't really gained any weight yet. My weight always fluctuated between 137 and 141 and it hasn't gone over that. I still have to be careful about eating, but I mostly just watch my portions. For instance, we went to Chipotle for lunch yesterday and I got a burrito bol. I only ate maybe a quarter of it. However, then I find myself hungry about an hour-two hours later. I know I am eating all day; however, I'm not eating an entire meal each time. I also have nausea at night, so I have been going to sleep around 8:30-9:30 at night in order to avoid getting sick.

TJ has banned me from McDonald's, and I started working out this past week. My goal is to do the eliptical or bike 3 times per week. I made it once this week but I started having some muscle pain or something on my right side. I didn't want to aggravate it, so I laid off working out on Thursday and Saturday. I am going to try again on Tuesday and see if I can handle it again.

Not much else is going on here. We have had some fun getting ready for Christmas, and Chloe is really excited for Santa. We found a pink Christmas tree at Kohl's, so we are putting that up in Chloe's room. We also are putting up some Christmas lights, as well as spraying the walls with "Monster Spray". Recently, Chloe has been complaining about "Cherry the Puppet" coming out of her walls. Pretty scary to me, so I can imagine how it is for her as a 3 year old. She has since moved into our bedroom, as she would cry when we tried to put her in her bedroom. We asked around for some advice, and one of TJ's friends suggested making some "Monster Spray". In addition, we decided it would be cool to put a tree in her room with lights just to make the transition a little easier.

Other than that, not a whole lot happening. I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season thus far. Be safe and happy!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment