Sunday, December 27, 2009

26 Weeks to Go!

Happy Holidays, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and hope for a great New Year. Chloe had a great Christmas, spoiled rotten by the grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Now, we have to go through it all and organize it. TJ and I are on a kick about helping her organize her toys so she can clean them up better. We found these colorful bins with lids which aren't too expensive at Office Depot. They are cheaper than buying the carrying cases you buy at the stores that go along with the toys. Plus, we want to teach her how to pick up her stuff so the baby doesn't get it once she is crawling, etc.

So, I am 13 weeks along, but the doctor is going to schedule my C-section the week before my due date. We found out this week that TJ's insurance starts over again July 1, 2010. Therefore, if we have to have the baby before the first, preferably about 4 days beforehand since I was in the hospital 4 days with Chloe, which would be at least on the 27th, which is exactly one week before my due date.

We heard our baby's heartbeat on Tuesday, making it even more real. We find out the sex of the baby on February 9th, which is sooo exciting. We have lots of friends pushing for a boy, but we really would love to have another girl. Whatever, we have, we will be thankful. I just keep finding girl names I love, but not boy names, which is the trouble I had last time with Chloe. I'm still going through the book we bought, but so far I am liking Bryn, Lucy, Luna, Ellie, and Mia. I will eventually go through the boy section, but there are just soooooo many names to go through.

So, at 13 weeks, the baby is about 3 inches long. She has fingerprints now! If it is a girl, she has about 2 million eggs in her ovaries (amazing, isn't it?!?). I am also in the last week of my first trimester. I also haven't had much morning sickness anymore, just nausea in the evening. I've been fortunate in that I haven't gained any weight yet. So far, so good! I am hoping that as I continue to keep an eye on my weight that I am able to only gain what is necessary. I eat small meals throughout the day and stop when I am full...well, usually. Every once in awhile, like this morning, I may eat a little bit more, but I don't get my dad
s biscuits and gravy all that often, so I take what I can get when I can get it.

Well, that's it for now. I hope to post again in a few more weeks. Once we know what we are having, I'll have a some names for people to vote on. Have a great New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment