Monday, March 22, 2010

12-14 Weeks To Go!

It's hard to believe that we have 3 months left until this new addition arrives in our home. Next week, I have a sonogram and two weeks from then, I start my bi-weekly appts. as well as get my awesome Rh- shot. I'm becoming more and more anxious for our son's arrival, even though if he came right now, he would be nameless. So far, the weight gain is still pretty good. My weight fluctuates between 148 and 152, depending on the day for whatever reason.
Believe it or not, we have had quite the two weeks. So, I had my fall. I was fine. I was put on a bedrest on that Thursday. Well, then, early Friday morning, around 1:30 am, TJ had to go to the emergency room. Keep in mind that we both avoid the ER due to the slightly higher co-pay required when going to the ER (like $130 more than the office visit). I stayed home with Chloe so she could rest while TJ's mom took him there. We just thought he might have a kidney stone or get some kind of antibiotic and come home. Well, around 3, he texts me to let me know they think it is his appendix. Around 6, the CAT scan confirms it's the appendix and he has to have surgery that day. So, I get Chloe up and going early and go into work to let them know that I have to leave so I can be with TJ while he has his surgery. Why is it, though, when your loved ones have surgery, your friends and family like to tell you horror stories? One girl at work told me her brother had to have part of his colon removed because they took so long. When I texted my dad to let him know TJ was going in, he asks me who the doctor was, which I told him. When I talked to him later, he said he wanted to know so he could make sure it was the doctor that killed his client while doing an appendectomy. TJ WAS STILL IN SURGERY!!!!! I love my dad. Anyhow, the doctor came out and said TJ did great and he would be out of work for a week (Of course, this happens after we have already decided that TJ will save up all of his sick time and use it in case I go into labor early). TJ went home Saturday around noon and we were very fortunate that his coworkers came to our rescue and made meals for us for the week, especially after I ended up back at the ER early Sunday morning with more, larger amounts of bleeding. After 7 hours of monitoring me, they finally sent me home and put me on bedrest for one more day until my doctor appointment the following Monday. When I went to my OB, she said I was fine, not contracting, and I probably did just break some blood vessels. I'm not going back to the ER until it's time to give birth. Laying in that bed was so boring.
So, that was last weekend. This past weekend, Chloe spent the night at her friend, Kendyl's house, and TJ and I went home that night to relax. Saturday, we got up, went walking at the mall, and then got Chloe. TJ and I went to eat lunch, went to Target, and then came home to relax some more. At 6pm, the vomiting began...for me. I was so sick, I have blood spots around my eyes and cheeks. We are not sure if I got a bug or food poisoning. I started running a fever Sunday afternoon but was better by the end of the evening...or at least able to keep food and drink down.
So, I'm thinking I am ready for a break from the havoc that has engulfed my life these past two weeks. Anyhow, keep us in your prayers as we are getting closer to the due date. I am getting a little nervous about how it's going to go, if I go early, if we will move before the baby comes, etc. Other than that, until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment