OH MY! It hit me this week that I am almost half way through my pregnancy. One week from Tuesday, and we will find out if it is a boy or a girl. TJ and I are really excited. I've really started to show now, as you will see from pictures soon enough, so it is becoming more real. Also, I can feel her moving quite a bit. It's so amazing, and honestly, I can't wait until TJ and Chloe can see and feel her as well.
I have only gained 4.5 pounds, which I think is pretty good. I really have to watch it, though, because I have noticed lately how my cravings have started to increase. Anytime I mention this, people always say, "But you're pregnant! It's okay for you to gain weight." I always think it is funny how people think that when you are pregnant, you have this new right to just eat anything and everything you want. Luckily for me, TJ really understands my desire to keep it under control and helps me to keep my portions reasonable. It's not as easy for me to lose weight as it is for other people. Luckily, I chase 3 year olds all day at work and then chase a 3 year old when I get home, so I think that helps to keep the weight off a bit more. I'll be glad when the weather is warmer so we can go on walks. Our neighborhood is so beautiful to walk around.
So, how is the baby looking at 19 weeks? Well, her sensory development is taking off at an amazing rate. Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear my voice now, so TJ and I've started talking to her a bit. I also have started having Chloe talk to her as well, which Chloe loves talking to "our baby".
As far as weight goes, she is about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Also, I have started experiencing round ligament pain, which is the stretching of the ligaments supporting your uterus to accomodate the increasing weight of the baby. It is very, very uncomfortable. I do not like it. I started to freak out a little, wondering if I needed to go to the ER, because it really hurt. I also started new prenatal vitamins, which was doing something to my body as well, but since I have been taking them regularly, my body's reaction has calmed.
Enough about the baby! I'll tell you a little about how Chloe is doing. She is doing great! It has been quite an adjustment for her. She has to really be more careful with me than she was before. For instance, this morning, she was playing with TJ and about kicked me in the stomach a few times. I just explained to her that we need to be more gentle with mommy because the baby is growing a lot more now. I also am having a harder time keeping up with her. She has sooooo much energy and wow, is she a runner. She took off at the mall today, and I didn't want to yell, but I finally had to so she would turn around and see how far she had gotten. I stopped and told her she needed to walk back to me. I can't wait for the Fun Run to start this summer at Central Catholic so she can get signed up for it and run off some of that energy! I also want to see about putting her in soccer, as well as swimming. She was doing swimming lessons, but TJ and I cut a few extras such as the gym and Netflix out of the budget, so swim lessons thus discontinued. She also does gymnastics at Rogy's, but we are also going to cut that in March and see about starting her at Bloomington Parks and Recreation. At school, we pay $26 for 4 sessions whereas BPR is 5 sessions for $25, so you basically get a free session for a little less than the same price. Plus, it will give her something to do when the baby is born. We are hoping to allow her to continue at Rogy's at least 1-2 times per week just to keep her in her routine. Also, if I take her out of Rogy's the whole time, she won't want to go back. So, I figure she can go for a few hours per day. Plus, it only costs me about $2.50 per hour to send her because of my 65% discount. I don't think that will hurt us too much.
TJ and I are doing great. Luckily for us, there has only been one snow day, so summer school should start on time for TJ. We really need this so that he can work the first half of the summer so he can be home with me when the baby is born for at least the first month. I am enjoying my job at Rogy's. My kids are great, although they do tire me out pretty easily. I feel bad for them, because I do get a little grumpy here and there. I really try not to take it out on them so I try to go above and beyond with the hugs and high fives just keep my mood upbeat. Other than that, not much to report about work. We are experiencing a wage freeze, which is sad, but there are so many people out there right now that don't have jobs and are really struggling that it would feel selfish for me to complain. I just have to pray that it is temporary.
Well, I hope I didn't bore you with this very long post, but Chloe is sleeping and TJ is doing an art show right now, so I thought I would take the opportunity while I could. BTW, if you haven't checked out TJ's Facebook page on the Montoya Art Studio, you really should! He bought business cards a couple of weeks ago and is trying to get this going as a side business. So, if you know of anyone who is wanting some artwork done, tell them about the Montoya Art Studio!
Have a great week everyone and be sure to keep an eye out for a post on January 9th!
No comments:
Post a Comment